We want to congratulate you on your admission
to the Class of 2027 and wish you a happy and successful four years.
We strive to provide a quality orientation program that helps you become familiar with our campus and our community. The Office of Medical Education (OME) coordinates a week-long Orientation course which begins on Monday, August 12 and
runs through August 16.
Orientation is an essential part of your transition to medical school and is a credit-bearing course; therefore, participation during the entire orientation is required.
More information about Orientation will be emailed to you in early July.
Through your participation in Orientation you will be able to:
- Describe the teamwork model within the curriculum and the medical profession through curricular and social interactions with fellow students, staff, and faculty, while getting to know the Larner community
- Understand curriculum structure, delivery methods, and academic expectations
- Understand the LCOM’s commitment to professionalism, especially the importance of cultural humility to ensure equity and inclusion in our community and in the practice of medicine
- Describe a local community need and contribute to addressing that need via community service
- Understand how to locate and utilize services and resources provided by the Office of Medical Education, the College of Medicine, UVM and the community
- Understand evidence-based pedagogy and the science of learning
- Use computer and software tools to enable access and utilization of the curriculum content
- Identify financial planning services available through OME
Student dress should be business casual for Orientation. You can read more about what entails business casual attire in the Medical Student Handbook. You will be instructed
on more casual clothing for select activities.
We know you will have many questions! Please review the information on this site and do not hesitate to contact the Medical Student Services with any questions.