Class of 2021 Medical Student Orientation
We are so excited that you'll soon be joining us here at the Robert Larner, M.D. College of Medicine at the University of Vermont. We want to congratulate you on your admission to the Class of 2021 and wish you a happy and successful four years here. This is a wonderful medical school with an excellent faculty and students who are both talented and congenial. We all welcome you as colleagues.
We know that getting ready to go to medical school can seem like a daunting endeavor, so we've created this website to assist you as you prepare to come to Burlington.
Starting medical school is a very exciting time and we strive to provide a quality orientation program that gets you familiar with our campus and with our community. The week-long Orientation program is coordinated by the Office of Medical Student Education and begins on Monday, August 7 and runs through August 11. Orientation is an essential part of your successful transition to medical school, is a credit-bearing course; therefore, attendance for the entire orientation is essential and mandatory.
Check-in will begin at 8:00 AM in the Given Courtyard, and the Orientation program immediately follows in the Sullivan Classroom. Please be sure to check this web page for any updates!
By participating in Orientation we hope you will:
- Become acquainted with each other and with some students from classes ahead of you
- Meet many of the faculty and staff
- Become more familiar with the curriculum
- Learn about important campus resources available to you
- Develop an understanding your college's academic expectations
- Learn more about financial services
- Provide you with the technology and training to be successful
- Have fun!
Student dress should be business casual for Orientation. You can read more about what entails business casual attire in the Medical Student Handbook. You will be instructed on clothing for specific activities.
We know you will have many questions! Please review the information on this site and do not hesitate to contact the Office of Medical Student Education. Please review the following as they become available:
- Orientation Schedule
- Vermont Integrated Curriculum
- Textbook needed for Foundations of Clinical Sciences
- Texts will be available in the Medical Library, and students often share textbooks
Student Services Coordinator
To enroll at the Larner College of Medicine, you MUST complete all matriculation requirements prior to orientation.