Upcoming Trainings in the Vermont Family Based Approach
A training in Family Wellness Coaching will be offered on September 17-18 and 24-25 at the University of Vermont in Burlington, VT.
Description: The Family Wellness Coaching (FWC) training provides an introduction to the Vermont Family Based Approach (VFBA) and teaches basic skills of family wellness coaching. Training modules include:
- Introduction to the VFBA
- Motivational enhancement strategies
- Family-based assessment and feedback
- Family wellness (mindfulness, nutrition, exercise, reducing screen time and other health-promoting activities)
- Supporting good parenting across the developmental spectrum
- The basics of behavioral parent training
- Building FWC community resources
Requirements: A bachelor's degree or higher in a health or education-related field(s) and a passion for promoting family health and wellness.
For more information, please contact Daniel Hall: firstname.lastname@example.org
Past Trainings in the Vermont Family Based Approach Open to the Public
- September 17-18 and 24-25, 2014: Family Wellness Coaching
- December 1-4, 2014: Family Wellness Coaching
- July 7-10, 2015: Family Wellness Coaching