Sexual Assault Prevention for Graduate Students @UVM LCOM
Welcome to the UVM Larner Med community! The Robert Larner, M.D. College of Medicine at The University of Vermont places your health, safety, and academic success as our highest priority. With this in mind, UVM requires every new incoming student to
take the Sexual Assault Prevention for Graduate Students (SAPG) program. The program uses evidenced-based research to teach students about sexual misconduct. Whether you encounter misconduct or not, SAPG will help empower you to make informed
Over 500,000 students across the country complete these courses each year.
All incoming medical students are expected to complete this important training with a passing score on the final exam (70% or above), prior to matriculation.
To fulfill the requirement:
Part I - Complete the Sexual Assault Prevention for Graduate Students Training
This training should take less than one hour to complete. The course ends with an exam and a survey. Students must receive a passing score on the final exam to complete this requirement; if you receive below a 70% (considered a fail in the curriculum),
you will be asked to repeat the training.
Training Launch Date: June 21, 2021
Deadline to complete Part I: August 01, 2021
Once our training launches, personalized log-in links will be sent to your UVM email address (@uvm.edu). The link in the email will prompt you to create an account using email@example.com as the username and an Foundry password of your choosing. If you
lost the email or can't find it, you can log in via the direct sign-in portal.
If you run into difficulties logging in, please contact UVM Student Affairs for assistance.
Part II (OPTIONAL - this is evaluation/research data for the training developers)
You will be prompted to complete a follow-up to SAPG 45 days after you complete Part 1; this follow-up will take approximately 15 minutes.
Part III - Course-Debriefing Session
The Office of Medical Student Education has scheduled debriefing sessions during the Fall Semester, as a mandatory Orientation Course session.
The class debrief provides students a safe and confidential space to process and discuss what you learned or thought during and after taking the online training course.
Other Important Information:
- You will need Internet access and audio capabilities.
- To avoid technical issues, please use any major web browser released within the previous two years.
- You may take the course(s) in multiple sittings.
- Note: Should your internet session time out or get interrupted, the course will resume where you left off when you sign back into the system.
- The courses may include surveys to help personalize your experience and measure students’ attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are confidential; the school will only receive information about the student body as a whole and will
never see individual students’ answers.
- Should you experience problems, technical support is available 24/7 and can be accessed from the “Help” link within the course.
If you are having technical issues with the SAPG online course you should contact the AlcoholEdu Online Technical Support Center by clicking the “HELP” button located in the upper right-hand corner of every screen.
The Technical Support Center is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
You may also explore Foundry's troubleshooting document.
If you have problems logging in with your UVM email address (netID) or password call the UVM Help Desk at (802) 656-2604