Larner College of Medicine Facts & Figures
Class of 2026
The college received more than nine thousand applications for 124 positions in the Class of 2026, who began their first year in August 2022.
- Median undergraduate GPA: 3.70
- In-state students: 29%
- Out-of-state students: 71%
- Identify as female: 61%
- Identify as LGBTQA: 19%
- Underrepresented in medicine: 23%
- Identify as coming from a lower socioeconomic background: 20%
- Most diverse college on the UVM campus
Class of 2022 Graduates
Class of 2022 graduates went on to residencies across the nation, including Yale-New Haven Hospital, Stanford University Programs, University of Vermont Medical Center, Danbury Hospital, Brown University, Cleveland Clinic, University of Chicago,
Duke University Medical Center, and UCLA Medical Center.
View the Class of 2022 Match List
- Number of living alumni of the college: 5,600+
- Percentage of alumni practicing in New England: 46%
- Approximate percentage of Vermont physicians educated or trained at the Larner College of Medicine and/or UVM Medical Center: 33%
- Percentage of alumni who contribute philanthropically: 50%
(Market Value as of June 2022)
- Faculty and Department Support: $213,904,872
- Financial Aid: $52,838,111
- Total Endowment Value: $266,742,983
Fiscal Year 2022 research funding at the Larner College of Medicine totaled $117.9 million.
- Research awards: 400
- Projects supported: 509
- Percentage of 2022 federally funded research grants at UVM awarded to Larner faculty: 50.4%
Larner’s newest clinical department, the Department of Emergency Medicine, was established July 1, 2022.
- Basic Science: 4
- Clinical: 12
Total Area: 615,500 gross square feet (GSF)
- Given Building: 196,000 GSF
- Health Science Research Facility: 110,000 GSF
- Courtyard at Given: 31,000 GSF
- Robert Larner, M.D. Medical Education Center: 44,000 GSF
- Stafford Hall: 70,000 sq. ft.
- Colchester Research Facility: 72,000 GSF
- DeGoesbriand: 30,000 GSF
- Firestone Medical Research Building: 65,000 GSF