Kathryn Huggett, Ph.D., director of the Teaching Academy at the Larner College of Medicine at the University of Vermont, has announced the names of 16 new members of the Teaching Academy. These individuals will be among those recognized at the Teaching Academy Induction and Award Ceremony in January 2019.
The Teaching Academy has four tiers of membership: Distinguished Educator, Master Teacher, Member, and Protégé. Applications for membership must include a portfolio for peer review. Once a member enters the Teaching Academy, they must remain eligible according to the requirements and maintain an active membership. The fall application deadline is October 1, 2018. Application information is available here.
New members and their respective membership tiers include:
- Robert D’Agostino, M.D., Associate Professor of Radiology
- Friederike Keating, M.D., Professor of Medicine/Cardiovascular Medicine
- Michael LaMantia, M.D., Associate Professor of Medicine/Geriatric Medicine
- Deirdre O’Reilly, M.D., M.P.H., Assistant Professor of Pediatrics/Neonatology
- Anne Dougherty, M.D.’09, M.A., Assistant Professor of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences
- Danielle Ehret, M.D., M.P.H., Assistant Professor of Pediatrics/Neonatology
- Jonathan Flyer, M.D., Assistant Professor of Pediatrics/Cardiology
- Abhishek Kumar, M.D., Assistant Professor of Medicine/Nephrology
- Grant Linnell, D.O., Associate Professor of Radiology
- Lauren MacAfee, M.D., Assistant Professor of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences
- Karina Perusse, M.D., Assistant Professor of Radiology
- Marios Prikis, M.D., Assistant Professor of Medicine/Nephrology
- Matthew Saia, M.D.’14, Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
- Hillary Anderson, M.D.’17, M.P.H., Resident, Department of Pediatrics
- Rebecca Rieck, M.D., Fellow, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences/Maternal Fetal Medicine
- Avneet Singh, M.D., Resident, Department of Medicine
Visit the Teaching Academy site.